Is It Your Attitude or Your True Personality?

Is there really a difference between one's personality and one's attitude??
Welll..to be honest I think there's quite a difference between the two.

Thinking about it now...there are hot-tempered peeps who don't surprise you with their temper so when they blow up..at least it's something you already expect and you waive it off knowing that's how they are(their personality)!...But the quick-tempered peeps could be a little different because the outburst just comes from nowhere right in the middle of a discussion..leaving u shocked and speechless like a statue(their attitude)!!LOL!*smh*

Funny enough,I think everyone's attitude could differ at anytime... but what makes the difference is what makes you upset..or suddenly angry ,how you express your anger/how often..and of course..to whom!(which is the reason why personality and attitude become confusing).

More often than not,this confusion between personality and attitude happens in relationships or friendships...not with acquaintances who probably are meeting for the first time.
So when it happens in relationships,it gives the other partner a different perception about your personality over time.
Have you heard the saying "Don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are or how you treat me!"

Bottom line is if you expect to be treated nicely..you can't get that by being a Tiger or being hot-tempered at any given opportunity!

Trust me..I know it takes a lot of energy,patience and even maturity when dealing with hot-tempered peeps but the truth is two people can't be mad at each other/upset at the same time to be able to forge ahead positively...Which is why you have to be patient with such people and think of an amicable way or response to arrive at a positive end.

Bad temper is something that you can also deal with by recognizing and accepting that you have a hot temper and then, work towards how you express your anger...So that your bad attitude doesn't end up becoming your true personality!


For everytime you get upset,you don't have to go into a rage spilling out words you can't take back after the harm is done!
"Stab the body& it heals...but if u injure the heart,it takes a lifetime!"

At some phase in my life,I realised it was more painful regretting some words I spat out in anger and I just couldn't take it back!
I had also come to realise that,in this part of the world.. there are lotta people who confuse my kindness for weakness!*smh*

At some point..I just had to ask myself "Will you rather say something bad in anger and chew back your words later or try staying calm(counting 1-100) in your head or walking away..knowing that you will have no regrets later?"
Of course,I chose the latter and even till this minute,I find it hard to wear the cloak when I face such trying instances(covering my face)... but I just keep reminding myself that I chose "act the fool" over "crying over spilled milk"!!

There's no denying it...we face this on a daily,especially when we have friends,colleagues or partners who have a way of pushing you into Tiger-mode...but I think at the end of the day,it's a much better feeling knowing you didn't say/do something you will regret later*sighs*

On that note,I think it's necessary to remember that everyone has a different personality(even twins!!),so it's inevitable not to have misunderstandings!
So in the course of a misunderstanding or argument with a partner,friend or colleague...don't let your words/actions leave you in a state of regret but instead let it be a way of you being seen as a person who appreciates or takes into consideration other people's personalities/feelings and the never-changing fact that Noone knows tomorrow!

Good attitude begets good results*smiles*




Till my next post..Live,Laugh,Love and of cos stay blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speaking Up..!

Whose Reward Are You Really Seeking?